Kielbasa with Veggies Recipe
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for beef stew
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage in oil over medium-high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add the vegetables, broth and soup mix to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Return sausage to the pan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 465 calories, 34g fat (12g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1645mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Kielbasa with Veggies
"Very tasty, since there are only two of us I used 1/2 of everything, very easy to make into a smaller dish. Economical, easy and enjoyable!"
"Very good and very easy to make"
"This is delicious! I could only find a 32 oz size of the frozen stew veggies. I ended up using the whole bag with a whole can of broth and entire envelope of soup mix. We ate a ton and have only a tiny bit leftover."
"This recipe is great! It taste good, quick and I can put whatever vegies I want to put in it."
"This was great! I made it exactly as the recipe called for and will plan on making it again. I might add a little extra broth next time, it seemed to need it. I might also add some extra vegetables (or just potatoes) since we like a lot of them. Definitely a keeper recipe."
"Instead of using the stew veggies, I used a 32 0z bag of broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mix. It was delicious."