Kielbasa with Veggies Recipe
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for beef stew
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage in oil over medium-high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add the vegetables, broth and soup mix to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Return sausage to the pan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 465 calories, 34g fat (12g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1645mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Kielbasa with Veggies
"Very tasty, since there are only two of us I used 1/2 of everything, very easy to make into a smaller dish. Economical, easy and enjoyable!"
"Very good and very easy to make"
"This is delicious! I could only find a 32 oz size of the frozen stew veggies. I ended up using the whole bag with a whole can of broth and entire envelope of soup mix. We ate a ton and have only a tiny bit leftover."
"This recipe is great! It taste good, quick and I can put whatever vegies I want to put in it."
"This was great! I made it exactly as the recipe called for and will plan on making it again. I might add a little extra broth next time, it seemed to need it. I might also add some extra vegetables (or just potatoes) since we like a lot of them. Definitely a keeper recipe."
"Instead of using the stew veggies, I used a 32 0z bag of broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mix. It was delicious."