Kielbasa with Veggies
The home economists in the Quick Cooking Test Kitchen whipped up this comforting combination that takes advantage of time-saving frozen vegetables and fully cooked sausage. A little soup mix lends a mild onion flavor to this winter warmer-upper, which your family is sure to love.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for beef stew
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a large skillet, brown sausage in oil over medium-high heat.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add the vegetables, broth
- and soup mix to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return sausage to the pan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth;
- stir into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1
- minute or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 465 calories, 34 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,645 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer