Kielbasa with Curried Rice
“This has been a favorite of our children for years. It is refreshingly different," says Carma Blosser of Livermore, Colorado. "Recently I multiplied the recipe several times and served it at a family reunion. Not a drop was left over!”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cooked instant rice
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- In a large skillet, saute the kielbasa, snow peas, green pepper,
- onion and curry powder in butter until vegetables are tender. Stir
- in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups (prepared with smoked turkey kielbasa and reduced-fat butter) equals 426 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,877 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.