Kielbasa with Baked Beans Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion in butter and oil until tender. Add sausage; cook for 2-3 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 644 calories, 38g fat (13g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 2756mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 10g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Kielbasa with Baked Beans
"A tasty quick fix side dish, great for a last minute barbecue. The kielbasa and steak sauce give it a deliciously different twist from traditional baked beans"
"This was great. My whole family like it and it only took minutes to prepare."
"it was ok but it is too saucy. I boiled some pasta to serve it with and sprinkled some cheese over it."
"Very easy recipe. I love the zip the steak sauce gives it!"