Kielbasa with Baked Beans
"I threw this together one night when I was in a hurry," recalls Vickie Wells from Philadelphia, Tennessee. "My husband is a very picky eater, and he love it." Tip: "It's delicious with corn bread."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in butter and oil until tender.
- Add sausage; cook for 2-3 minutes, or until browned, stirring
- occasionally; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 644 calories, 38 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 2,756 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer