Kielbasa Summer Salad Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, halved and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 large green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, brown sausage. Drain on paper towels. In a large bowl, combine peas, apples, green pepper, onions and sausage.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over sausage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Kielbasa Summer Salad
Sort By :
made this for super bowl ,everyone really enjoyed it . its a keeper ,so in my recipe box it goes . will be making it again .good combination of flavors .
I too have had similar success with this recipe, especially at church potlucks. People are unsure, and usually hesitant at first, but before the event is over, they are asking for the recipe. I love the heartiness of the salad, really could be a meal all in itself for a salad luncheon. I love to get a good crispy caramelization on the sausage...it enhances the flavors. Love it and will make it again.
I have made this recipe for a number of years now for family and friends and people always comment on how unexpected the combination of flavors and how good it is. I have handed out many copies of this recipe.
It says its for summer, but I think its great for fall when apples are in season! Great for a low carb diet and quick to make! It works well with other sausages too!
I've had the same experience with taking this salad to potlucks! The combination of flavors is so very good!