Kielbasa Summer Salad Recipe
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 large green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, brown sausage. Drain on paper towels. In a large bowl, combine peas, apples, green pepper, onions and sausage.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over sausage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Kielbasa Summer Salad(4)
Sort By :
I have made this recipe for a number of years now for family and friends and people always comment on how unexpected the combination of flavors and how good it is. I have handed out many copies of this recipe.
It says its for summer, but I think its great for fall when apples are in season! Great for a low carb diet and quick to make! It works well with other sausages too!
I've had the same experience with taking this salad to potlucks! The combination of flavors is so very good!
I've taken this to several potlucks, and people always love it. A great, crisp, refreshing salad that's also hearty.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Black Eyed Pea Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >