- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried green split peas
- 9 cups water, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, halved and sliced
- 4 medium carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook celery and onion until tender. Stir in split peas and 6 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the kielbasa, carrots, potatoes, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and remaining water. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until peas and vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Kielbasa Split Pea Soup
Sort By :
"This soup was very good."
"I added a pint of heavy whipping cream at the end and served with corn bread."
"It is very tasty but this way of cooking is not great because why do we need cook celery and onion not with another weg.? It is easly tp cook together with carrots ets and onion and celery will not be so mashy. I cooked the peas little bit with salt till partly cooked then I have added everything at once."
"Nice twist to pea soup. worked great and very easy."
"Very delicious soup."