"This is a delicious and hearty soup," assures Beverlee DeBerry of Hempstead, Texas. "Combined with a nice loaf of French bread, it's a complete and satisfying meal. It's become a family favorite at our house."
- 1 medium leek, (white portion only), halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/3 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon each caraway and cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- In a large saucepan, saute leek in butter until tender. Add broth and potato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in the sausage, cream caraway and cumin; heat through (do not boil). Just before serving, add the spinach. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Kielbasa Potato Soup in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p31
Reviews for Kielbasa Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review