Kielbasa Potato Chowder Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 kale leaves, torn or 1/3 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or 2% milk
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown kielbasa and bacon; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. Add onion; cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic; 1 minute longer.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Add the potatoes, bouillon and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the meat mixture and kale; cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until kale is wilted. Reduce heat. Add the cream; cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Kielbasa Potato Chowder(5)
Sort By :
Everyone loved it!
I made it with parsley because I did not have kale leaves. Came out very tasty thank you.
Awesome recipe!! I didnt have parsley leaves so thats the only thing I didnt do. Followed the recipe to a T and it was perfect. Thank you!
I love, love, love this recipe. It goes together quickly and easily and is absolutely delicious! I have used Hickory Farms light kielbasa as well as Hickory Farms turkey smoked sausage. I usually keep the skin on the potatoes, I have also used red potatoes for this recipe. I always use kale and have used 2% milk instead of the heavy cream to keep it on the light side. Heated up the next day it is even better!
My husband LOVES this recipe! perfect for a cold evening and easy to fix too!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Soup Recipes >