Kielbasa Pasta Salad
"The sausage adds wonderful flavor and heartiness to this main-dish salad," relates Jean Dantinne from Chehalis, Washington. "But the real secret to its appeal is the crunchy croutons."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup salad croutons
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. Place pasta in a large bowl; add the sausage, olives and
- Parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar
- and salad dressing mix. Stir into the pasta mixture. Add croutons
- and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 352 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.