"The sausage adds wonderful flavor and heartiness to this main-dish salad," relates Jean Dantinne from Chehalis, Washington. "But the real secret to its appeal is the crunchy croutons."
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup salad croutons
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place pasta in a large bowl; add the sausage, olives and Parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and salad dressing mix. Stir into the pasta mixture. Add croutons and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Kielbasa Pasta Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Kielbasa Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review