Kielbasa Fruit Kabobs Recipe
This quick and easy dish features sweet and savory flavors in one main meal. The fruits can be changed depending on the season.—Mary E. Relyea, Canastota, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large apricots, pitted and quartered
- 2 medium plums, pitted and quartered
- 1. In a small bowl, mix marmalade and five-spice powder. Alternately thread kielbasa, apricots and plums onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until heated through, turning and basting frequently with marmalade mixture during the last 3 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 skewer equals 421 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,229 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC