Kielbasa Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, thickly sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 medium green peppers, quartered
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 medium red onions, quartered
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one bag; add the kielbasa, pineapple and vegetables to the other bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, kielbasa, pineapple and vegetables.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning frequently and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 16 kabobs.
2 each: 376 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Kielbasa Chicken Kabobs
"Delicious - sausage was especially good. I had marinated overnight because of a time issue. Onions and pineapple were a bit soggy when skewering but tasted very good after cooking."
"This was very good. i did make a few changes.. I didnt have lemon pepper seasoning so used lemon zest, and used brown sugar instead of regular sugar. I also added grilling spice to the marinade. Helped kick the chicken up a bit. Thanks for sharing!"
"Delicious exactly as written!! I do marinate overnight for a stronger flavor! I thicken the veggie marinate and serve over rice, with eggrolls"
"This was excellent!"
"We made this last night for dinner and can't wait to have it again. As my husband likes to tell me,"It's a keeper" Delicious!"
"We gobbled this up in minutes. Delicious. Like another reviewer, I thickened the sauce to serve over rice. Next time I'll try adding zucchini chunks, as someone suggested."
"I loved the flavor combination in this recipe. I made one change and that was to marinade the chicken with a lemon pepper sauce and I only put the peppers and turkey kielbasa in the recipe-made marinade. My whole family loved them - they were a hit!"
"These were very good! I thickened the marinade after I took the veggies out of the bag and served it over the rice. Very good."
"I had lost my recipe for this!! Was frantic. It was one of our all time favorites. Thankfully, it is copied and ready for my file."
"The sausage and pineapple stole the show in this recipe. They packed a great punch with the marinade. The chicken didn't have a ton of flavor compared to the sausage, so next time I'll either add some seasoning to it or substitute more sausage."
"the prep work is worth the effort. very tasty with tender, moist chicken."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.