Kielbasa Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, thickly sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 medium green peppers, quartered
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 medium red onions, quartered
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one bag; add the kielbasa, pineapple and vegetables to the other bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, kielbasa, pineapple and vegetables.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning frequently and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 16 kabobs.
2 kabobs equals 376 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.