- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, thickly sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 medium green peppers, quartered
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 medium red onions, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one bag; add the kielbasa, pineapple and vegetables to the other bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, kielbasa, pineapple and vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning frequently and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 16 kabobs.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Kielbasa Chicken Kabobs
"Substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for the breasts. You have now eliminated the bland breasts with full flavored chicken pieces. Would not change any other part of this recipe."
"Delicious - sausage was especially good. I had marinated overnight because of a time issue. Onions and pineapple were a bit soggy when skewering but tasted very good after cooking."
"This was very good. i did make a few changes.. I didnt have lemon pepper seasoning so used lemon zest, and used brown sugar instead of regular sugar. I also added grilling spice to the marinade. Helped kick the chicken up a bit. Thanks for sharing!"
"Delicious exactly as written!! I do marinate overnight for a stronger flavor! I thicken the veggie marinate and serve over rice, with eggrolls"
"This was excellent!"