Kielbasa Cabbage Stew Recipe
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large saucepan or nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Add the potatoes, cabbage, onion, broth, 1/2 cup water, sugar, caraway and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and vinegar; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Kielbasa Cabbage Stew(6)
Sort By :
This is the best stew - make some multi-grain bread and it is the best cool weather food ever!! We have it probably every other week in the winter - no one ever gets tired of it.
I got this recipes years ago from a Taste of Home magazine. I absolutely love it! Misplaced the recipe, googled it and it came up - so excited to have it back. Delicious.
Excellent. 3 small potatoes = 1 lb. 2 c. = ½ small head of cabbage.
My family loved this recipe! There were no leftovers after the 4 of us adults ate...so good! Has a great german flavor.
Easy, fast & filling. Not to mention great taste!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Stew Recipes >