Kielbasa Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 1 small head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, halved, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute the cabbage, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Combine the water, vinegar and brown sugar; add to cabbage mixture.
- 2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 256 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 511 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer