- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large head cabbage (4 pounds), coarsely chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 to 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- In a Dutch oven, brown the sausage in 2 tablespoons butter; remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute cabbage and onions in remaining butter until onions are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, sugar and paprika; pour over cabbage mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the potatoes and reserved sausage. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Kielbasa Cabbage Skillet
Sort By :
"Good dinner with homemade bread. As others noted, the potatoes did take quite a bit longer to cook, but it was worth the wait. We added salt and pepper which helped offset the overly sweet flavor."
"Made this recipe late night everyone loved it. The only changes I made where I added 1tablespoons garlic power, 1teaspoon salt and pepper and 2 tablespoon A1 sauce and smoked paprika. Really good with sweet Hawaiian rolls."
"My husband said this is one of new favorite dishes! And I loved it too. Definitely a "make again" recipe!"
"I precook the potatoes a couple minutes in the microwave; it cuts down on the cooking time."
"I precook my potates in the microwave a couple minutes; cuts down on the cooking time."