Kielbasa Buttons with Spicy Apricot Sauce
Welcome guests in from the cold with these spicy glazed sausage bites served with pretty party picks. They couldn't be easier to make, and people just gobble them up!
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, brown sausage slices on both sides; drain on
- paper towels. In the same skillet, combine the preserves, barbecue
- sauce, pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce.
- Return sausage to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5
- minutes or until heated through. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: About
- 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 118 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a blush wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with M.Chapoutier Côtes du Rhône Belleruche Rosé 2013, light, sweet and pink. A perfect wine for just enjoying on its own or with