Welcome guests in from the cold with these spicy glazed sausage bites served with pretty party picks. They couldn't be easier to make, and people just gobble them up!
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, brown sausage slices on both sides; drain on paper towels. In the same skillet, combine the preserves, barbecue sauce, pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce.
- Return sausage to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: About 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Kielbasa Buttons with Spicy Apricot Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p24
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Kielbasa Buttons with Spicy Apricot Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2013
"My family loved the sweet tangy sauce. Makes a great appetizer, or meat dish for your buffet meal."