Kielbasa Bundles Recipe
- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 slices process American cheese, halved
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage for 5-8 minutes; drain. Add the onion, green pepper and butter; cook until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through.
- 2. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal perforations. Place a cheese slice on half of each rectangle; top with 2 tablespoons sausage mixture.
- 3. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal; fold seam under. Beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 4. Place bundles seam side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
2 each: 259 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Kielbasa Bundles
"These were very tasty! Thank you for sharing!"
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.