Kielbasa Bundles Recipe
- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 slices process American cheese, halved
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage for 5-8 minutes; drain. Add the onion, green pepper and butter; cook until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through.
- 2. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal perforations. Place a cheese slice on half of each rectangle; top with 2 tablespoons sausage mixture.
- 3. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal; fold seam under. Beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 4. Place bundles seam side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 259 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.