"My family really enjoys these flavorful sandwiches," remarks Robin Touhey of San Angelo, Texas.
- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 slices process American cheese, halved
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, cook sausage for 5-8 minutes; drain. Add the onion, green pepper and butter; cook until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal perforations. Place a cheese slice on half of each rectangle; top with 2 tablespoons sausage mixture.
- Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal; fold seam under. Beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place bundles seam side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Kielbasa Bundles in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p63
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Kielbasa Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2010
"These were very tasty! Thank you for sharing!"