Kielbasa Bow Tie Skillet
This meal couldn’t make dinnertime simpler! Not only is Kielbasa Bow Tie Skillet a real crowd-pleaser, it comes together in just one pan. It freezes and reheats beautifully, too, so you’ll want to fix extras for a fast entree later. “My daughters are picky eaters,” says Lori Daniels of Beverly, West Virginia, “but this reminds them of macaroni and cheese. I toss in their favorite veggies and they
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute sausage and mushrooms in butter. Add garlic; cook 1
- minute longer.
- Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; gradually add to the
- skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Stir in the peas and
- cheese; cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.