Kielbasa Bow Tie Skillet Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute sausage and mushrooms in butter. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Stir in the peas and cheese; cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Kielbasa Bow Tie Skillet
Sort By :
"Made this for dinner and everyone liked. It was simple to prepare. I like to cook kielbasa sausage and look for recipes that feature it. I left out the snow peas since I didn't have. For some reason mine came out way saucier than the picture. Except for the snow peas followed the directions. Not sure if I needed more cornstarch but it just gave it more of a pasta dish with sauce feel for me."
"This was a little bland for us. I added some chopped pimiento in with the peas and cheese to add color and a little more flavor. I probably won't be making this again as is."
"Loved this recipe......I had no snow peas so I used frozen broccoli instead.....and I used grated parmesan cheese in place of the cheddar cheese b/c I thought it sounded better. My 3 young children (5 yrs. and under) loved this as well. That's always a surefire sign it's good. Will definitely make it again....."
"We absolutely loved this! I will surely make it again."
"I also used fresh mushrooms. It was a delicious and hearty meal."