Kielbasa Bean Soup Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or smoked Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients except the sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add sausage and heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 cup: 212 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 988mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Kielbasa Bean Soup
"Took this to our Lenten supper at church tonight. It was a huge hit. I have made it before and froze it in 2 serving portions for my husband and I. Wonderful recipe."
"This was hit with the entire family! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"This was a thick, yummy soup! I had a red and orange pepper so I used those. Also had beef boullion and used the whole pound of sausage. When I make it again, I might add a little more water and seasoning to accommodate an extra can of beans. Very easy to make, too."
"I have made this soup for work a couple of times and have had requests for the recipe both times. It has a very good flavor and is easy to make."