Kielbasa and Kidney Beans Recipe
"This hearty meal-in-one is one of my family's favorites," notes Doreen Kelly of Roslyn, Pennsylvania. "It keeps well in a slow cooker as I'm often asked to bring it to gatherings."
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage for 2-3 minutes. Stir in onion and peppers. Cook and stir until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Combine brown sugar, steak sauce, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; stir into skillet. Add beans. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 511 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,513 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC