Kielbasa and Beans
When I was a bachelor, I really began experimenting with cooking. This casserole is a recipe I created back then because it's tasty, tasty, simple and hearty.Wade Harmon, Orange, Massachusetts
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa, sliced and halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to
- drain. Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings; cook kielbasa in
- drippings until lightly browned. Drain. Add onion, red pepper,
- beans, broth and pepper. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring
- occasionally. Crumble bacon on top. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 388 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,213 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.