Kids Love It Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in macaroni, spinach, eggs, cheese and bread crumbs.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 275 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Kids Love It Casserole
"I thought this was pretty good. I did change the recipe a little bit....I used 6 oz for FRESH spinach and I tempered the eggs before I put them in. I also used corkscrew pasta instead of macaroni. My girls even ate it and they aren't big fans of spaghetti."
"Uga. This casserole was not any good. It tasted really bad. I don't know what it's called "Kids Love it" because neither me, nor my husband and daughter liked it. Thanks,Dawn"