Kids Love It Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in macaroni, spinach, eggs, cheese and bread crumbs.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 275 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Kids Love It Casserole
"I thought this was pretty good. I did change the recipe a little bit....I used 6 oz for FRESH spinach and I tempered the eggs before I put them in. I also used corkscrew pasta instead of macaroni. My girls even ate it and they aren't big fans of spaghetti."
"Uga. This casserole was not any good. It tasted really bad. I don't know what it's called "Kids Love it" because neither me, nor my husband and daughter liked it. Thanks,Dawn"