I’ve taken these fun, mock sushi rolls to picnics and parties and served them at home with an Asian dinner. Kids always enjoy the bite-sized treats.Lorri Reinhardt, Big Bend, Wisconsin
- 10 Fruit Roll-Ups
- 10 pieces multi-colored licorice
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- Unroll the Fruit Roll-Ups, leaving paper attached. Cut licorice
- lengthwise into thin strips; set aside. In a large microwave-safe
- bowl, combine marshmallows and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high
- for 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once a minute. Add cereal;
- stir to coat.
- Place about 1/2 cup cereal mixture on the edge of each roll-up; place
- licorice in the center of the mixture. Roll up sushi rolls to about
- 1-inch diameter. Discard paper. Trim edges of rolls; cut each into
- four pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 40 pieces.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 61 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.