Kids' Favorite Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Kids' Favorite Chili
"This recipe is yummy, easy to make with ingrediants on hand and not just for kids! We're in our 40's with no children and still enjoy this occasionally. I also use hamburger and I use a TBS of minced onion instead of a real one. The original magazine publication paired this dish with a simple cheese quesadilla and I like the combination. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"We love this recipe! We do use hamburger but I keep the rest of the recipe the same. I make a double batch and freeze it in smaller containers and thaw and heat for topping hot dogs and baked potatoes."
"This is simple and delicious with ingredients that I always have on hand. I make it at least once a month."
"I added 2 cans of kidney beans and a can of diced tomato and a can of stewed tomatoes (cut up) to stretch this farther. I may have added more chili powder but taste first and see if you really need it. I don't think I needed much more. This ended up being delicious!"