Kids' Favorite Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Kids' Favorite Chili(4)
Sort By :
This recipe is yummy, easy to make with ingrediants on hand and not just for kids! We're in our 40's with no children and still enjoy this occasionally. I also use hamburger and I use a TBS of minced onion instead of a real one. The original magazine publication paired this dish with a simple cheese quesadilla and I like the combination. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
We love this recipe! We do use hamburger but I keep the rest of the recipe the same. I make a double batch and freeze it in smaller containers and thaw and heat for topping hot dogs and baked potatoes.
This is simple and delicious with ingredients that I always have on hand. I make it at least once a month.
I added 2 cans of kidney beans and a can of diced tomato and a can of stewed tomatoes (cut up) to stretch this farther. I may have added more chili powder but taste first and see if you really need it. I don't think I needed much more. This ended up being delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Chili Recipes >
- Comfort Food Chili Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Quick Chili Recipes >
- Simple Chili Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >