Kids' Favorite Blueberry Muffins
My daughter, Cayla, had just gotten out of bed when we threw together these great muffins. I love cooking with my little girl! —Lisa Allen, Joppa, Alabama
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups pancake mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. In another bowl,
- whisk the egg, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for
- 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 173 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.