- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and broken into chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt and pepper. Pour over tuna mixture and toss lightly. Serve on a bed of lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Kidney Bean Tuna Salad
"This recipe is so good and light. It makes a perfect side dish for just about any meat"
"I have made this many times and it is a favorite with everyone. Super awesome"
"Different but very good."
"I used Pinto Beans as I did not have any Kidney Beans. This makes very big servings for two. Very Good"