Kidney Bean Tostadas Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the beans, chili powder and cumin in 1 teaspoon oil for 3 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, brush both sides of tortillas with remaining oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until crisp.
- Spoon bean mixture over tortillas. Top with lettuce, sour cream and remaining salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Kidney Bean Tostadas(4)
Sort By :
It works well as a taco, using the beans in place of the beef.
Great flavor and very easy to make! Very filling!
I would also recommend using two cans of beans.
The flavors are really good in this recipe. However we had a very hard time with the tortillas. They are too big to pick up and too hard to cut with a fork. We ended up dumping the topping off and using the tortilla like a large chip. Next time I'll probably cut the tortilla into chips and just have them like that.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >