- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, bacon, beans, celery, onion and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper and salt; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Stir before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Kidney Bean Coleslaw
Sort By :
"This recipe was on a can if kidney beans in the 1960's and became a favorite of my family. Making it today to take to our church Senior fish fry. I always get requests for this recipe. It also brings back good memories of when I was first married and learning to cook my Honey's favorites."