Kidney Bean Coleslaw Recipe
"My mom gave me the recipe for this salad, and my family really enjoys it," comments Sandra Lee Espig of Paso Robles, California. the make-ahead medley is easy to toss together and good at picnics and backyard barbecues.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, bacon, beans, celery, onion and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper and salt; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Stir before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Kidney Bean Coleslaw in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p58
Reviews for Kidney Bean Coleslaw(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review