Kidney Bean and Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, chickpeas, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Cover and refrigerate. Toss with dressing just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 218 calories, 6g fat (0.550g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 10g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Kidney Bean and Chickpea Salad
"It was very good but next time I will add more tomatoes."