Kidney Bean and Chickpea Salad Recipe
In Miami, Florida, Terri Webber picks this zesty salad when she needs a crowd-pleaser that's as close as her pantry. "The dressing blends nicely with the combination of canned beans, tomato and onion," she says. "This salad tastes just as good when It's made a day ahead. I've never seen a bowl empty so quickly!"
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, chickpeas, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Cover and refrigerate. Toss with dressing just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Kidney Bean and Chickpea Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p33
Reviews for Kidney Bean and Chickpea Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review