Kid-Tested Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe
The term "picky eater" may have started when small children began refusing offers of liver and onions while feeding their Brussels sprouts to pets under the table. A new generation of "kid friendly" foods was born, and Cheeseburger Pizza is just that—thumbs up kid-approved. —Jennifer Miller, Smyrna, Tennessee
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Marinara
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sliced pepperoncini, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Unroll dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle crust with Italian seasoning; spread with marinara. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheeses.
- 3. Bake 6-10 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Top with pepperoncini if desired. Yield: 6 pieces.
1 piece equals 404 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 663 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC