Kid-Tested Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe
The term "picky eater" may have started when small children began refusing offers of liver and onions while feeding their Brussels sprouts to pets under the table. A new generation of "kid friendly" foods was born, and Cheeseburger Pizza is just that—thumbs up kid-approved. —Jennifer Miller, Smyrna, Tennessee
- 3/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sliced pepperoncini, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Unroll dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle crust with Italian seasoning; spread with marinara. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 6-10 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Top with pepperoncini if desired. Yield: 6 pieces.
Originally published as Kid-Tested Cheeseburger Pizza in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p39
Reviews for Kid-Tested Cheeseburger Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2012
good, but my kids dont like it :(
Reviewed Feb. 29, 2012
This is a great tasting home made pizza! I substitute the ground beef for ground sweet Italian sausage...oh so good! My family loves it!