Kid-Size Pizza Recipe
This is a recipe born out of desperation. One day I couldn't think of anything to serve the kids for lunch. Rummaging through the fridge, I came across some simple ingredients and prepared individual pizzas. —Polly Coumos, Mogadore, Ohio
- 2 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Roll or pat biscuits into 2-1/2 in. circles. Place on greased baking sheets.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, onion, oregano, basil and garlic powder; spread over the biscuits. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Yield: 20 mini pizzas.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC