"These cheesy breadsticks are simple to make because they start with convenient hot dog buns," promises Mary Miller of Fairfield, California. "I can whip up a batch in a matter of minutes...and they disappear just as quickly."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons poppy or sesame seeds
- Brush the cut sides of buns with butter. Place on ungreased baking
- sheets. Combine cheese and poppy or sesame seeds; sprinkle over
- buns. Bake at 450° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 16 breadsticks.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 128 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.