Kids will love this quick-and-easy take on both tacos and pizza. And you'll love that it's healthful, full of flavor, and lower in fat and calories! Kimberly Theobald - Galesburg, Illinois
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 7 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- Unroll crust into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in refried beans until blended.
- Spread turkey mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 425° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 pieces.
Originally published as Kid-Pleasing Taco Pizza in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p51
Reviews for Kid-Pleasing Taco Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review