Kickin' Snack Mix Recipe
The blend of cereal with cheddar crackers and mixed nuts puts a new twist on a classic party mix, and cayenne pepper adds an interesting kick. Packed with almonds, pistachios and loads of flavor, this snack is definitely addicting! Kim Vogt - Creighton, NE
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 3 cups Crispix
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups cheddar-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored popcorn oil
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the oil, dressing mix, dill, garlic powder and cayenne. Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 45-55 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 297 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC