- 3 cups Crispix
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups cheddar-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored popcorn oil
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the oil, dressing mix, dill, garlic powder and cayenne. Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 45-55 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews for Kickin' Snack Mix
"I made this for my book club and they loved it. Instead of the oven, I put it in my slow cooker for a couple of hours. stirring occasionally. So easy and so good."
"This is a recipe I have used and I think it's great! I did make adjustments on this recipe: I used one lb. pretzel sticks, 1-1/2 cups each of almonds & mixed nuts and 1/2 cup vegetable oil. I used 1 envelope ofItalian dressing mix & reduced the amount of cayenne pepper in the recipe to 1/2 tsp.This way, folks won't be finding it too spicy. I omitted the pistachios since I didn't have any at that time! I've found that this recipe is just as good with just the mixed nuts and almonds! I prepare this snack mix for our Fellowship time at our chapel and the folks enjoy it!"
"I have made this recipe several times and constantly get requests for it. One of my favorites by far!"
"My whole family loves it. I've already made it several times."
"I really loved it and it has a kick to it makes it all that much better."