Kickin' Hawaiian Pizza Recipe
- 4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Romano cheese, divided
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1. For sauce, place the first 10 ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small saucepan; heat through.
- 2. Meanwhile, press pizza dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; build up edges slightly and seal seam. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Spread 1-3/4 cups sauce over crust (refrigerate remaining sauce for another use). Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Romano; top with pepperoni, pineapple and remaining cheeses.
- 4. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 12 pieces.
1 piece: 294 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Kickin' Hawaiian Pizza
"Excellent sauce!!! I used fresh garden tomatoes and this pizza tasted like we ordered it from a restaurant!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.