Isn't it about time for a fun new twist on your usual pizza? Pineapple adds pizzazz and honey lends a touch of sweetness to the sauce in this wonderful recipe. Give it a try today! —John Weakland, Springfield, Oregon
- 4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Romano cheese, divided
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- For sauce, place the first 10 ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small saucepan; heat through.
- Meanwhile, press pizza dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; build up edges slightly and seal seam. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread 1-3/4 cups sauce over crust (refrigerate remaining sauce for another use). Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Romano; top with pepperoni, pineapple and remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 12 pieces.
Originally published as Kickin' Hawaiian Pizza in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p37
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Kickin' Hawaiian Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2011
"Excellent sauce!!! I used fresh garden tomatoes and this pizza tasted like we ordered it from a restaurant!"
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2010