- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks, cream and vanilla. Beat in sugar. Combine flour and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until smooth (dough will be soft). Divide into four portions.
- On a well-floured surface, roll out one portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 1-1/2-in. strips; cut strips diagonally into three pieces. Cut a 1-1/2-in. slit lengthwise into the center of each piece; pull one end of strip through slit to make a loop. Cover shaped pieces while rolling out and cut the remaining dough.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 2-3 in. of oil to 375°. Fry pastries, a few at a time, until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen pastries.
Originally published as Khrustyky in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p49
Reviews for Khrustyky
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review