Key Lime Puddings
While in the oven, this refreshing, lime-infused dessert creates a creamy custard with a cake-like topping. I sometimes prepare the dessert in an 8-inch square baking dish...just bake a little longer.Peggy Lee, Chesapeake, Virginia
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- In a small bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in
- flour and egg yolks until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and lime
- In another small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft
- peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time,
- beating on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into key lime
- Pour into five ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place in a
- shallow baking dish; add 1 in. of hot water to dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer
- reaches 170°. Serve warm. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 300 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.