Key Lime Puddings Recipe
While in the oven, this refreshing, lime-infused dessert creates a creamy custard with a cake-like topping. I sometimes prepare the dessert in an 8-inch square baking dish...just bake a little longer.—Peggy Lee, Chesapeake, Virginia
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in flour and egg yolks until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and lime juice.
- 2. In another small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into key lime mixture.
- 3. Pour into five ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place in a shallow baking dish; add 1 in. of hot water to dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 170°. Serve warm. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 300 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 0g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Key Lime Puddings
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC