- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt; gradually stir in water and food coloring if desired. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in lime juice, butter and lime peel.
- Pour into crust. Cool for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Key Lime Pie
Sort By :
"I made it as is, then tasted it and it lacked that amazing lime lavor of other recipes. I upped the key lime juice to 3 tbsp. and it still lacked that lime flavor of other recipes. I am leary of adding too much juice so maybe when it's not going on the thanksgiving table I will play around with the recipe some more. I really liked that this recipe doesn't call for any milk product, as we are lactose intolerant."
"Very easy straightforward instructions, nice flavor but I did increase the juice and zest because we like very tart desserts."