Key Lime Pie Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 packages (14.1 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 to 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons Key lime juice
- Fresh raspberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 32 muffin cups with foil liners. On a lightly floured work surface, unroll pastry sheets. Cut 32 circles with a floured 2-1/4-in. round cookie cutter (discard remaining pastry or save for another use). Press one pastry circle into each liner. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lime juice. In another bowl, whisk flours; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Pour batter into prepared cups. Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Beat in enough confectioners' sugar, alternately with lime juice, to reach desired consistency. Frost cupcakes; top with raspberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 32 cupcakes.
1 cupcake equals 368 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.