- another bowl, whisk flours; add to butter mixture alternately with
- buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared cups. Bake 20-22 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10
- minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended.
- Beat in enough confectioners' sugar, alternately with lime juice, to
- reach desired consistency. Frost cupcakes; top with raspberries.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 32 cupcakes.
Editor's Note: To substitute 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour, increase all-purpose flour to 3 cups and add 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt; whisk flour, baking powder and salt until blended before adding to butter mixture.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 368 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.