Key Lime Pie Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 packages (14.1 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 to 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons Key lime juice
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 32 muffin cups with foil liners. On a lightly floured work surface, unroll pastry sheets. Cut 32 circles with a floured 2-1/4-in. round cookie cutter (discard remaining pastry or save for another use). Press one pastry circle into each liner. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lime juice. In another bowl, whisk flours; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared cups. Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Beat in enough confectioners' sugar, alternately with lime juice, to reach desired consistency. Frost cupcakes; top with raspberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 32 cupcakes.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Key Lime Pie Cupcakes(4)
Sort By :
These are excellent! My family and friends loved them! I love the cupcake texture and flavor so much I will never use a box mix again! I am wondering if I can just leave out lime juice and use recipe for a plain vanilla cupcake?
These cupcakes are to die for! I usually don't like cupcakes, but because of the dense, creamy texture of these I absolutely love them! My husband is usually only a chocoloate dessert eater, but can't stay away from these. I loved the unexpected pie crust bottom, the texture, the taste, everything about them. I didn't change a thing in the recipe, but I did cut it in half for the first time making it. I'll be teaching some young ladies how to make them at our Apples of Gold session next week and wanted to give them a try first. I'll be glad to make the full batch with them and will hope there are a few extra to bring home. I've shared them with co-workers today and they thought they were wonderful. Thank you for wharing this wonderful dessert recipe!
I love key lime pie and I thought these "cupcakes" were pretty yummy as did the friends I make them for. But I do agree with another review that they aren't a true cupcake - more like a cross between cake and cheesecake. The batter was full and fluffy - like a mousse. The recipe worked well as is, but I have some tips/comments that might be helpful to a novice cupcake maker: This made 44 cupcakes for me. I only had enough cupcake pans for 24 at a time so I had to do 2 batches of pie crust baking and cupcake baking (double your time allotment). If I had one, I would've pulled out a stand mixer due to the amount of add this and then this... I was turning my hand mixer off and on lots. No biggie, just a suggestion. I frosted my cupcakes a similar amount to the posted picture and still had about half of the frosting left. Last, if/when I make them again, I would fill the cupcake liners almost to the top since they didn't rise very much at all. I used a #40 scoop (1.5T) heaping this time around which seemed to fill the liners pretty full, but would add more next time.
Overall a great recipe that I will make again.
Not my favorite cupcake. It's almost too thick to be a TRUE cupcake.. The pie crust bottom was not a big success in my house. The frosting was great though.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cupcake Frosting >
- Cupcake Frosting Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Cupcake Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Homemade Cupcakes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Raspberry Cakes >
- Raspberry Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Finger Foods >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Winning Dessert Recipes >