- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Fresh raspberries and lime wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and juice until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Pipe into tart shells. Garnish with raspberries and lime wedges if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Key Lime Mousse Cups
"This was so easy and so good. Everyone loved it."
"Have not made yet, but on my list for the weekend. Rating high anyway to say: I always bake my cups/shells for any recipe I use them in. Otherwise, they can get soggy and fall apart. Yum, luv key lime."
"Looks like it would be fun and easy to make. Can't wait to share it with my family."
"I made these for a baking contest /charity fundraiser. They won 1st place and everyone raved about them! They look and taste like you spent hours preparing them."
"These are great and easy to make. My kids don't like key lime pie, but they love these. Thank you for sharing."
"Well received at an administrative party we hosted."
"It was a good balance of tart and sweet. I used it in parfait glasses. I did add 2 drops of green food color."
"the filling didn't set well for me. I did add more Key lime juice from real key limes as well as some lime zest, and then some corn starch to set it. This taste great"
"Made these for a group of 12 people and everyone loved them! The day before serving I put the mousse in a ziplock bag and refrigerated it. At the last minute I cut the corner off the bag and "piped" the mousse into the cups, it worked great.There was left-over mousse so the next morning I made crepes, filled them with the mousse and the extra raspberries, Yum again!"
"I agree with one of the other commentators, I added much less condensed milk and they were perfect to my liking!"